- Construction Estimating Software
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost to Build by State
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Free Contractor Estimates
- Best Way to Add Value to Your Home
- What's Your House Worth?
- Keep Cool with a Heat Pump
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Hot Water/Fast!
- How to Pay Less For Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Good Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Construction Loan Requirements
- Get Your Mortgage Approved
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
How to Get a Contractors License
Summary: Summary: A contractors license school can help you get a builders license or contractors license. You need to be licensed to build for other people. You don’t need to be a licensed contractor or builder to build your own home..
Carl, How do I get a builders license?
Start by reading my “Getting a Contractors State License”
Then, contact the proper state licensing department directly for information.
To find contractor licensing requirements for your state or to find out if a contractor is licensed in your state:
• If you’re a homeowner, click here to find out if a contractor is licensed.
• If you're a contractor, click here to find out how to get a license.
For a contractors license school and a contractors license class here’s American Contractors Exam Services.
Usually an exam or test is required to get a contractors license and the state provides exam guidelines. The tests are not usually too difficult, and the experience required is usually minimal.
I recommend you take an exam prep course from a contractors license school before taking any state’s exam on contractors licensing.
Most state exams on any licensing, contracting, insurance, etc. are somewhat bizarre.
A contractors license class will prepare you for the test because they “teach towards the test (exam)”. Many classes guarantee passing or you can take the class again for free.
Good luck, Carl Heldmann