- Construction Estimating Software
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost to Build by State
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Free Contractor Estimates
- How to Add Home Value
- What's Your House Worth?
- Keep Cool with a Heat Pump
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Hot Water/Fast!
- How to Pay Less For Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Good Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Construction Loan Requirements
- Get Your Mortgage Approved
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
Construction Estimating Software
Summary: Construction Estimating Software shows any new home buyer or new home builder the cost to build a new home of any style, size, design, or quality in their city before they even shop for a home building site or new home plan.
• How much does it cost to build a house?
• Is my builder charging too much?
• How much profit does a builder make?
• How much will it cost me to build my own home?
• What is the average cost to build a house?
• What is the price per square foot to build a house?
These are by far the most frequent questions I receive.
They are questions that have been foremost in the minds of new home buyers since the beginning of time.
Construction cost software has made answers to these questions available to anyone willing to spend a little time investigating those questions.
Cost estimating is singularly the most important aspect of new home construction!
Whether you are a new home buyer or a home builder, nothing even comes close in importance.
So if you are planning on building a new home or having one built, it behooves you to spend time with this cost estimating software and become familiar with building costs.
Here is what I believe to be the easiest to use Cost Estimating Software available…and it's FREE!
There is nothing to buy and nothing to download! This cost to build calculator (called "Building Costs by City & State") is from Craftsman Book Company, one of the most respected names in cost estimating.
Answer a few simple questions and select a few design features and you can develop a rough cost estimate for a new home that considers the important variables such as materials used, design features, quality, size, shape, heating, cooling and geographic area.
NOTE: Many locales have added impact fees on top of construction permits. The costs of these fees can be expensive. Investigate them early on in your home building planning. They are NOT included in these cost estimates.
The final (printable) cost estimate breakdown shows detailed labor and material costs for each of the 34 construction cost categories. Here's an example of the cost estimate breakdown. Click on image to enlarge.
The shape of the outside perimeter is an important consideration in estimating the total construction cost. Simply put, the more complex the shape, the more expensive the structure is.
This screen allows you to choose a shape.
New homes can and do vary widely in quality and design as well as the quality of construction.
This screen allows you to play with decisions affecting these variables. You can change your decisions as to these variables as many times as you want and see what the effects are as to the total cost of construction.
Behind the scene, the calculator‘s estimating software is amazingly applying these decision making parameters to your choice of “Quality Class”.
Note: You DON'T have to buy home plans to experiment getting rough cost estimates for various home sizes and designs, just use the sample floor plans that are on home plan web sites.
You can get an idea what changing the design and the quality of materials (as many times as you want) will result in by using the calculator.
By adjusting the “Quality Class” feature on this FREE construction estimating software you can obtain as many different approximate “costs to build” as you want until you find an approximate cost to build for a (your) house plan that hopefully will meet your budget.
Now, experiment with Building Costs by City & State and get an idea of what it will cost to build your new home.
Have fun, Carl Heldmann