- Construction Estimating Software
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost to Build by State
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Free Contractor Estimates
- How to Add Home Value
- What's Your House Worth?
- Keep Cool with a Heat Pump
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Hot Water/Fast!
- How to Pay Less For Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Good Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Construction Loan Requirements
- Get Your Mortgage Approved
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
Cost to Build a House by State
Summary: The cost to build a new house will vary from state to state mainly due to the cost of home building contractors, local building permits, and land development costs. The cost of land is excluded.
The cost to build a new home in the states listed below can be recalculated yourself by using this construction estimating software.
You will see how the estimated cost of construction changes considerably by changing the home design or the quality of building materials. You can see this happen by using several different Quality Class selections on the calculator for the same house & zip code. Click on "Show Quality Classes" for suggested characteristics of each quality class.
Using the software is easy, fun to do and a real eye opener.
The cost of the land (home building site) is NOT included in any of the construction cost estimates, nor is the cost of building a new home on steep, rocky, or otherwise difficult building sites. Local building permits can considerably!
You should keep in mind that the total cost to build any new house can vary considerably and that the cost to build estimates found on byoh.com are approximate.
Until you actually start getting your own actual construction bids and estimates and start entering them into your own spreadsheet (see my spreadsheet page for FREE spreadsheets), can you get more accurate estimates.
California-Cost to Build a Home in Sacramento: Exquisite windows, charming gables and an inviting porch front this...more
California- Estimate Building Costs - Southern California: This plan has a full basement, but can be easily modified for slab construction...more
North Carolina-Cost to Build a Home in Raleigh: A video rendering “tour” of this house gives a better feel for...more