- Construction Estimating Software
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost to Build by State
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Free Contractor Estimates
- Best Way to Add Value to Your Home
- What's Your House Worth?
- Keep Cool with a Heat Pump
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Hot Water/Fast!
- How to Pay Less For Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Good Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Construction Loan Requirements
- Get Your Mortgage Approved
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
Build Your Own House - How to Build a House and Save Money - Be Your Own General Contractor.
"Build my own home? Build my own house? You must be dreaming!" Well, I had the same questions and doubts many years ago.
But you can build your own home! Thousands do it every year and save enough money building their own home, renovating their home, or building a home addition, to make their dreams come true.
Most knew little or nothing about home building, yet they saved 25% or more. They did so by being the General Contractor (owner builder), determining building costs and hiring professional contractors or subcontractors to do the actual work.
You can be your own General Contractor for any type of construction on your property. Whether you are building a house, a room addition, a home addition, a garage, etc., you don’t need to be a licensed builder!
- New construction, log homes, modular homes, kit homes, panelized homes, geodesic domes, concrete homes, etc.
- Save even more than 25% by being an owner builder to renovate your home or build a home addition.
- Imagine saving $25,000, $50,000, $75,000 or more.
- Or, you could sell the new house and realize the cash profit.
- Then, reinvesting that cash profit, build the same house again with a smaller home mortgage, or build a bigger house, or eventually even be mortgage free.
- With byoh.com you now have help in building your own home or home addition.
- You will find advice on how to find, hire, and pay good professional contractors such as carpenters, plumbers, electricians, etc. who will be doing all the work.
- You'll also find the current cost to build a house, mortgage interest rates, credit score information, house plans, sample construction contracts, construction loans, construction cost estimating, construction cost estimating software, and much more.
Building a new home is not as complicated as most people think. There are many fine people who will help you in all the phases of being your own general contractor. I am one of them. Carl Heldmann
Note: Even if you decide to hire a professional home builder or remodeling contractor, or just want to buy a new home instead of building your own house, the knowledge of how to build a house should prove to be very useful.
"General Contractor Carl Heldmann has written the bible for building your own home" - LA Times.
Visit the "Books" page to buy on line