- Construction Estimating Software
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost Per Square Foot
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Free Contractor Estimates
- How to Add Home Value
- What's Your House Worth?
- Keep Cool with a Heat Pump
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Hot Water/Fast!
- How to Pay Less For Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Good Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- Cost to Build by State
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Get Your Mortgage Approved
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
Build Your Own House
Build your own house. Save money without lifting a hammer. General Contractor Carl Heldmann has written the bible for building your own home - LA Times.
You are probably thinking, build my own home? Build my own house? You must be dreaming!
Many years ago I had those same questions and fears.
Well, you can build your own home! And yes, you can build your own house without using a residential General Contractor or home builder and, without you doing any of the construction labor! Thousands do it every year and save enough money building their own new home, renovating, or building home additions, to make their dreams come true.
Most knew little or nothing about home building, yet they saved up to 25% or more. They did so by being the General Contractor (owner builder), estimating building costs and hiring professional contractors or subcontractors to do the actual work.
You can be your own General Contractor for any type of home construction: building a new house, room addition, home addition, remodeling an older home, even renovating a house...and you don’t need to be a licensed builder...Period!
- New construction, log homes, modular homes, kit homes, panelized homes, geodesic domes, concrete homes, etc.
- You can save even more than 25% by being an owner builder when renovating a home or building a home addition.
- Imagine saving $25,000, $50,000, $75,000 or more.
- Then, you could eventually sell the new house and realize a cash profit.
- Then, reinvesting that cash profit, build the same house again with a smaller home mortgage, or build a bigger house, or eventually even be mortgage free.
- With byoh.com you can have up-to-the-minute help in building with current costs to build a house, current mortgage interest rates, credit score information, new home plans, sample construction contracts, construction loans, construction cost estimating, construction cost estimating software, and much more.
Tip: Even if you decide to hire a professional builder or remodeling contractor, or just want to buy a new home instead of building your own house, the knowledge gained from byoh.com and my general contracting books will be quite valuable.
Tip: To save yourself time, use the Google Custom Search box at the top of any page to find building topics, advice, or ideas that may interest you. Just enter a word, phrase, or even questions. Examples: design my home, house plans, design software, house design, cost estimating, building costs, finding contractors, how much does a basement cost, how do I get a building permit, can I get a mortgage with bad credit, which are the best windows, etc. It's a fantastic tool.Building your own home is not as complicated as you might think. There are many fine people who will help you in all the phases of being your own general contractor. I am one of them.
Make your dreams come true, build your own house. Carl Heldmann
These are my books. Visit the Books page to buy. My Build Your Own Home eBook is FREE.