- Construction Estimating Software
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost to Build by State
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Free Contractor Estimates
- How to Add Home Value
- What's Your House Worth?
- Keep Cool with a Heat Pump
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Hot Water/Fast!
- How to Pay Less For Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Good Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Construction Loan Requirements
- Get Your Mortgage Approved
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
Build Your Own House
Build your own house. Save money without lifting a hammer. General Contractor Carl Heldmann has written the bible for building your own home - LA Times.
If you are faced with the dilemma of the high cost of building a home, you may want to do what I did many years ago and build your own home.
A local home builder actually suggested that I build my own house to save money and offered to be my mentor. He told me that I wouldn't have to take time off from my job and that if I hired good professional contractors, all should go very smoothly. He estimated that I could save at least 25% of what he would charge. Imagine that, I could build my own home! I was stunned!
Well, you too can build a home without using a General Contractor or home builder and without you doing any of the construction labor!
Today, thousands do it every year without quitting their day job and save enough money building a new home to make their dreams come true.
Most know little or nothing about how to build a house, yet they save up to 25% or more. They do so by being the General Contractor (owner builder), estimating building costs and hiring professionals to do the actual work.
You can be your own General Contractor for any type of home construction on your property and you don't need to be a licensed builder!
Building a house is not as complicated as you might think. There are many fine people who will help you in all the phases of being your own general contractor. I am one of them.
Make your dreams come true. Build a new house! You might even start a new career. I did. Carl Heldmann