- Construction Estimating Software
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Do You Need a Lawyer?
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- Free Contractor Estimates
- Best Remodel to Add Value
- What's Your House Worth?
- Heat Pumps are Cool Too!
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Landscaping
- Cheap Hot Water
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Adding Attic Insulation
- Best Way to Buy Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- Cost Per Square Foot
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- Cost to Build by State
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- Building Resources
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
Cheap Landscaping - Inexpensive Landscaping
Summary: Inexpensive landscaping will add home value and curb appeal to your home. A local landscaper and landscape design software can help you with inexpensive landscaping ideas for your home.
We are first time owner builders and recently met with our architect who strongly suggested we work with a local Registered Landscape Architect.
Can you advise us what the advantages and disadvantages are with using a landscape architect?
Is this worthwhile?
We would really appreciate your input.
Thanks, K. W.
Hi K. W.
If I were your architect, I would strongly suggest that you enhance the home with good landscaping.
Nothing can ruin a beautiful new home like bad landscaping.
You can get ballpark landscaping estimates from one or two landscape architects and see if you can afford one. Your architect can give you some recommendations.
If using one is too expensive for your home building budget, perhaps this landscape design software from 3D Architect might help you design good landscaping that will compliment your home.
You don't have to spend a lot of money to landscape a new home, but you do have to have a good landscaping design.
Local landscapers always worked well for me. Good landscaping and curb appeal for me, or any home builder, is critical if trying to sell a new home.
Landscaping unfortunately, is an expense that comes last in home building when most home builders, even the experienced ones, are running low on money or going over budget. It's good to have a relatively inexpensive way to get a good landscaping job.
Good luck building, and if you have any questions, let me know.