- Construction Estimating Software
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost to Build by State
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Free Contractor Estimates
- Best Way to Add Value to Your Home
- What's Your House Worth?
- Keep Cool with a Heat Pump
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Hot Water/Fast!
- How to Pay Less For Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Good Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Construction Loan Requirements
- Get Your Mortgage Approved
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
New Home Plans
Summary: Looking at new home plans is the first chance to save money when planning to build a new house. New home design and size are critical in controlling new home construction costs.
Here are a few thoughts on how to save money in home design taken from my "Reading House Plans".
▪ Do you need that many square feet? Every reduction you can make in square footage will cut construction costs.
▪ One story or two? It's cheaper to build the same number of square feet of living space in a two-story house vs. a one story house.
▪ What is the shape of the perimeter or foundation of the house? A simple rectangle is the cheapest to build. Curves, extra corners, and extensions in the floor plan will all increase costs.
▪ What style is the roof? The least expensive roof is the common gable roof. Dormers and multiple gables make the roof more difficult to build and therefore more costly.
Now, look for home plans from a few of my favorite home plan web sites below. They are in alphabetical order.
America's Best House Plans: Offers the best source of house plans from the leading home designers and architects in the nation. Search through thousands of quality plans on our user friendly house plan site.
Architectural House Plans: Unique House Plans & Designs with great Color Photos! From small, cabin & cottage plans to luxury, country, craftsman, farmhouse, ranch, bungalow & modern home plans.
Associated Designs: Looking for the perfect set of home plans? We have roughly 1000 home plans designed to meet your needs plus offer custom home plan design.
Custom House Design: Home Plan Professional Custom house plans, home plans, home plan designers, custom house plans designed by architects, custom home plans, house plan drafting service, cad drafting service, cad conversions.
Coolhouseplans: Offers a unique variety of professionally designed home plans with floor plans by accredited home designers. Styles include country house plans, colonial, Victorian, European, and ranch. Blueprints for small to luxury home styles.
House Plans and More HDA©: Find house plans, floor plans, home plans and blueprints in our thousands of architectural styles and custom home designs.
Houseplancentral.com: Offers thousands of house plans and home plans of all sizes and architectural styles from leading designers and architects, some with video tours.
Original Home Plans: Design your own home country home plans, colonial home plans, traditional house plans, and cape house plans for sale.
Be sure to read all the pages on Reading House Plans.