- Construction Estimating Software
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost to Build by State
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Free Contractor Estimates
- Best Way to Add Value to Your Home
- What's Your House Worth?
- Keep Cool with a Heat Pump
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Hot Water/Fast!
- How to Pay Less For Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Good Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Construction Loan Requirements
- Get Your Mortgage Approved
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
How Much Does Cost To Build a House In California?
Summary: The cost to build a house in California will depend on the size and the design of the home, the design of the foundation and roof, and the quality of building materials used.
Carl, How much does cost to build a new house in California?
Hi Patrice, on my cost estimating software page you will find a cost to build calculator from Craftsman Book Company.
Using this construction cost calculator I ran a cost to build analysis on the cost to build a two story 2000 sq. ft. new home in Santa Rosa California.
I used a simple 4 corner foundation design and a simple roof with moderate roof pitch to keep overall construction costs down.
I also used Quality Class number 6 throughout as, other than foundation and roof design, you can always upgrade quality later if your budget allows you to.
I also chose:
• Concrete slab foundation (Quality Class # 6)
• 2,000 square feet of living space, 1,000 square feet per each level
• Forced air heat & AC
• 400 sq ft attached garage under the main building roof
• Zero-clearance insulated prefab metal fireplace with brick face
• Building inside the metro area but not in a housing development (tract).
The approximate estimated construction cost in 2015 to build a simple 2 story home in Santa Rosa, including labor, materials, equipment, utilities, building permits, house plans, and a General Contractors markup of $23,673 is $214,340 or $107.17 per sq. ft., excluding land cost.
NOTE: Many locales have added impact fees on top of construction permits. The costs of these fees can be expensive. Investigate them early on in your home building planning. They are NOT included in these cost estimates.
Anyone, in just minutes, can calculate their own approximate home building costs for any area of the USA with this cost estimating software!
Important Notice: Cost estimates change with time. YOU can check to see if and how much they have changed by running the Craftsman Book Co. free construction estimating software yourself. Keep in mind that these estimates are approximate and are just a guide.
Until you actually start getting your own bids and estimates and entering them into your own spreadsheet (see my spreadsheet page for FREE spreadsheets), they will remain approximate.
Hope this helps, Carl Heldmann