- Construction Estimating Software
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Do You Need a Lawyer?
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- Free Contractor Estimates
- Best Remodel to Add Value
- What's Your House Worth?
- Heat Pumps are Cool Too!
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Landscaping
- Cheap Hot Water
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Adding Attic Insulation
- Best Way to Buy Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- Cost Per Square Foot
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- Cost to Build by State
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- Building Resources
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
How to Estimate Construction Costs for a New Home in Colorado
How Much Does it Cost to Build a House in Colorado
Stone veneer bases support the tapered columns fronting this Craftsman-style bungalow home plan. Inside, the living room links to the dining room, which is open to a sunny nook and kitchen. A cozy window seat nestles into an alcove in the nook. Owners’ suite amenities include a walk-in closet and spa tub.
Total Living Area: 2222 square feet.
1st Floor: 1700 square feet.
2nd Floor: 522 square feet.
Garage: 480 square feet.
Plan Width: 50' 0". Plan
Depth: 67' 0".
Garage: 2 car.
Bedrooms: 3. Baths: 2. Half Baths: 1
The Markham - Plan #30-575 - Associated Designs, Inc.
To estimate cost, I'll use the cost estimating software using average quality and an unfinished basement foundation of 1,700 sq ft.
Using this "shape" on the "cost to build" calculator, for the Boulder CO area, I came up with $258,941 for an owner/builder.
That’s an approximate cost of $116 per sq. ft. (Based on 2,222 sq. ft of living area)
I determined this amount by deducting the General Contractor’s Markup, equipment rental, and allowed only $2,000 for insurance.
You should keep in mind that the cost to build for this example, or any house plan, can vary considerably depending quality of materials selected, and on actual bids for labor and material.