- Construction Estimating Software
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost to Build by State
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Free Contractor Estimates
- Best Way to Add Value to Your Home
- What's Your House Worth?
- Keep Cool with a Heat Pump
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Hot Water/Fast!
- How to Pay Less For Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Good Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Construction Loan Requirements
- Get Your Mortgage Approved
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
How to Estimate Construction Costs for a New Home in Colorado
How Much Does it Cost to Build a House in Colorado
Stone veneer bases support the tapered columns fronting this Craftsman-style bungalow home plan. Inside, the living room links to the dining room, which is open to a sunny nook and kitchen. A cozy window seat nestles into an alcove in the nook. Owners’ suite amenities include a walk-in closet and spa tub.
Total Living Area: 2222 square feet.
1st Floor: 1700 square feet.
2nd Floor: 522 square feet.
Garage: 480 square feet.
Plan Width: 50' 0". Plan
Depth: 67' 0".
Garage: 2 car.
Bedrooms: 3. Baths: 2. Half Baths: 1
The Markham - Plan #30-575 - Associated Designs, Inc.
To estimate the cost, I'll use the Craftsman cost estimating software, inputting minimum standard quality, concrete slab foundation, and a zero-clearance insulated prefab metal fireplace with brick facing.
Using this foundation shape on the estimating software for the Boulder, CO area, I came up with $227,567, including a general contractor markup of $26,517.
That’s an approximate cost of $102 per sq. ft. (Based on 2,222 sq. ft of living area)
You should keep in mind that the cost to build for this example, or any house plan, can vary considerably depending quality of materials selected, and on actual bids for labor and material.
Cost estimates change with time. YOU can update this 2015 estimate to see if it has, as well as experimenting with different building quality inputs that affect the cost to build.
The cost estimates used by this cost to build calculator are from the National Building Cost Manual, published by Craftsman Book Company.
Keep in mind that these estimates are approximate and are just a guide. Until you actually start getting your own bids and estimates and entering them into your own spreadsheet (see my spreadsheet page for FREE spreadsheets), they will remain approximate.
- Cost to Build a House in the State of Washington with Finished Basement
- Estimate Building Costs on a New Home in Southern California
- How Much Does it Cost to Build a House in Oregon
- How to Estimate Home Construction Costs in Northern California.
- How Much Does it Cost to Build a Craftsman Style House in South Carolina