- Construction Estimating Software
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost to Build by State
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Free Contractor Estimates
- How to Add Home Value
- What's Your House Worth?
- Keep Cool with a Heat Pump
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Hot Water/Fast!
- How to Pay Less For Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Good Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Construction Loan Requirements
- Get Your Mortgage Approved
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
How to Estimate Home Construction Costs in Northern California.
Summary: How to estimate home construction costs in Northern California.
This is an excellent home plan to discover the cost to build a home in the Sacramento CA area.
Exquisite windows, charming gables and an inviting porch front this warm, thoughtful family home.
Inside, choose between formal affairs and casual get-togethers.
The living and dining rooms are ideal for stylish entertaining, while the open areas are great family spots.
Four bedrooms, including the exciting master suite are on the upper floor.
Square Footage: 3,171 sq. ft.
First Floor: 1,488 sq. ft.
Second Floor: 1,683 sq. ft.
Garage: 773 sq. ft.
Half Baths: 1
Garages: 3 car
Foundation: Concrete Slab
To estimate building costs, I'll use the cost estimating software, also called a cost to build calculator, that is found on my Getting Started page. I'll use Quality Class 6 throughout the process and use a concrete slab foundation.
Using this foundation shape on the cost to build calculator for the Sacramento, CA area, I came up with $309,466 including a General Contractor markup of $34,646.
You should keep in mind that the cost to build for this example, or any house plan, can vary considerably depending quality of materials selected, and on actual bids for labor and material.
Again, the estimate for this house is an approximate one based on “minimum standard” quality materials and a slab foundation.
Until you actually start getting bids and entering them into your own spreadsheet (see my spreadsheet page for FREE spreadsheets), it will remain approximate...Carl Heldmann