- Construction Estimating Software
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Do You Need a Lawyer?
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- Free Contractor Estimates
- Best Remodel to Add Value
- What's Your House Worth?
- Heat Pumps are Cool Too!
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Landscaping
- Cheap Hot Water
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Adding Attic Insulation
- Best Way to Buy Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- Cost Per Square Foot
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- Cost to Build by State
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- Building Resources
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
How Much Does it Cost to Build a House in Oregon
Craftsman homes are popular in the beautiful Pacific North West, and this Craftsman design has a lot to offer in just a little over 2000 sq ft.
Two covered porches as well as a large tray ceiling great room with fireplace make for a cozy home on those (many) rainy Portland days.
Other features include a large tray ceiling master suite with 2 large walk-in closets, a large master bath, 2 more bedrooms and another 1-1/2 baths and a large kitchen with breakfast area that also leads to the covered porch.
There is also an area labeled “flex space” that could easily be used as a living room, home office, playroom, or dining room,
The steep pitched roof allows for an unfinished bonus area above the expansive garage.
This home is designed for either a crawl space or concrete slab foundation, so a mechanical room for HVAC and hot water tank is provided.
Total Living Area = 2067 sq. ft. Bonus Area = 379 sq. ft.
COOL House Plan ID: chp-37255
To estimate cost, I'll use my resource #5 on "Getting Started" on www.byoh.com.
Using this foundation shape on the cost to build calculator for the Portland, OR area, I came up with $248,983 for an owner/builder.
That’s an approximate cost of $120 per sq. ft.
I determined this amount by deducting the General Contractor Markup, equipment rental, and allowed only $2,000 for builders risk insurance.
Note: The cost per sq. ft. goes up a bit as the size of the house goes down. This is because you are spreading the basic costs of items (i.e. Kitchen & baths) over less sq. footage.
Until you actually start getting bids and entering them into your own spreadsheet (see my spreadsheet page for FREE spreadsheets), it will remain approximate.
Everyone should keep in mind that the cost to build for this example, or any house plan, can vary considerably depending quality of materials selected, and on actual bids for labor and material.
- Cost to Build a House in Vermont With a Basement Foundation
- How Much Does it Cost to Build a House in Michigan
- How Much Does it Cost to Build a Craftsman Style House in South Carolina
- How Much Does it Cost to Build a House in Tennessee and Finish the Basement
- Estimate Building Costs - New Home in Southern California