- Construction Estimating Software
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost to Build by State
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Free Contractor Estimates
- Best Way to Add Value to Your Home
- What's Your House Worth?
- Keep Cool with a Heat Pump
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Hot Water/Fast!
- How to Pay Less For Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Good Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Construction Loan Requirements
- Get Your Mortgage Approved
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
Cost to Build a Home in Wisconsin
How Much Does it Cost to Build a House in Wisconsin
Here's an appealing 3 bedroom ranch with attractive front dormers from houseplansandmore.com.
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 baths
- 2-car front entry garage
- Total Square Feet: 1642
To estimate the cost, I'll use the FREE cost to build calculator on houseplansandmore.com.
This is an absolutely amazing feature for a Home Plan Web Site!
All you have to do to use this "cost to build calculator", is plug in the zip code where you plan to build. Check it out!
I compared the results to the “Cost to Build Calculator” on my “Getting Started” page and they were almost the same, depending on which “quality class” for each category I selected.
The cost to build is a little on the high side with either cost to build calculator, but that’s what you want in preliminary estimating.
Wouldn't you rather be pleasantly surprised if after getting actual contractor bids and building material bids, the actual cost to build comes in lower?
So, using the houseplansandmore.com calculator for the Appleton, WI area, Zip code 54911, a cost to build of $180,620 was determined
That’s an approximate cost of $110 per sq. ft.
Remember, it may cost more to build a one story house than a two story house of the same size and quality.
As I point out in Reading House Plans, a two-story home with the same square footage as a one-story has half the roofing costs and half the foundation costs. There are also economies in plumbing and heating in two stories.
You should also keep in mind that the cost to build for this example, or any house plan, can vary considerably depending quality of materials selected, and on actual bids for labor and material.
Until you actually start getting bids and entering them into your own spreadsheet (see my spreadsheet page for FREE spreadsheets), any estimate will remain approximate.