- Construction Estimating Software
- Cost to Build a House
- Cost Per Square Foot
- Cost to Build by State
- How to Control Construction Cost
- Cost of Home Additions
- Roofing Cost Calculator
- Basement Construction Cost
- Cost Estimating Explained
- Contractor Bids too High?
- Should You Buy a Foreclosure
- New Home for Under 70,000
- Construction Inspections
- Free Contractor Estimates
- Best Way to Add Value to Your Home
- What's Your House Worth?
- Keep Cool with a Heat Pump
- How to Build a Dry Basement
- Cheap Hot Water/Fast!
- How to Pay Less For Kitchen Appliances
- Cheap Solar Power
- How to Save Money Buying Windows
- How to Find Good Contractors
- How to be a General Contractor
- List of Contractors You Will Need
- Cost to Build a Kit Home
- Modular vs Stick Built
- FREE Credit Score Calculator
- Construction Loans
- How to Get a Construction Loan
- Construction Loan Requirements
- Get Your Mortgage Approved
- Low Down Payments
- Bad Credit Home Loans
- Home Affordability Calculator
- Build a Mortgage Free House
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE HOME BUILDING TIPS
Cost to Build Ranch House plans With Basement in Kansas
How Much Does it Cost to Build a House in Kansas
Your web site is jam packed with information.
My wife and I are considering building a new home here in Wichita.
There are several areas that we have contacted and they are willing to let us to be our own General Contractor.
I worked in the construction business ten yrs ago, but am looking for some insight as to what you think a 2000 sq foot home, 3bdrm, 2.5 bath, 3car garage, 7-9 pitch, nothing too crazy, simple ranch would run sq ft wise.
Your input is greatly appreciated.
I'll use my resource #5 on "Getting Started" on www.byoh.com.
Using this foundation shape on the cost estimating software to estimate the cost to build this house from HousePlansAndMore.com, for the Wichita KS area, I came up with an approximate cost of $282,468 for an owner/builder. That’s $129 per sq. ft.
- 3 bedroom
- 2.5 bath
- Total Square Feet: 2196
- 3-car Front entry garage
- Footprint: 73ft. x 58ft. 8in.
- Standard Foundation: Basement
- Exterior Stud Type: 2x6
- 1st Floor Square Feet: 2196
- Full Unfinished Basement
- Central Heat/AC
- 1 fireplace
- Screen Porch 310 sq ft
I determined this amount by deducting the General Contractor’s Markup, equipment rental, and allowed only $2,000 for insurance.
Houseplansandmore.com have their own "ESTIMATED COST TO BUILD THIS HOME" calculator. Their cost to build calculator feature estimates the cost to build this house, including the cost of a General Contractor, at $241,560.
Note: The cost per sq. ft. goes up a quite a bit with any ranch (one level) design, as well as with a large full basement, steep roof pitch, oversize garage and a large screened porch.
But until you actually start getting bids and entering them into your own spreadsheet (see my spreadsheet page for FREE spreadsheets), any cost to build a new house estimate will always be approximate.
Everyone should keep in mind that the estimated cost to build for this example, or any house plan, can vary considerably depending quality of materials selected, and on actual bids for labor and material.
Good luck, Carl Heldmann